Wednesday 1 October 2008

Drever McCusker Woomble

Roddy Woomble released his debut solo album, 'My Secret Is My Silence' in 2006. The sound was quite a departure from his band Idlewild and ventured into new and different territory where he really pushed himself as a songwriter and musician. I've been a big fan of Idelwild for years now and really loved the album. Here's an awesome live version of the title track from the album:



Since then he has released a new Idlewild album and now a new collaborative effort along with fellow Scotsmen, Kris Drever and John McCusker, 'Before The Ruin' was released in September.

There are a few tracks streaming on the band's website, which sound really nice. Say Woomble of the collaboration "The solo record was the first time I'd really pushed myself in other directions, and that's given me the confidence to take it further: Kris and John each have such a different take on things like melody and lyrics, but we're all working equally on the songs together, so the whole thing feels totally new."

No comments:

blogspot visitor counter