Monday 6 October 2008

I Started Out With Nothin'. . .

I think I'm going to have to get the new Seasick Steve album. I caught his performace on Later with Jools Holland the other night and absoluetly love the warm sounding blues that he plays. His voice and guitar sound from 'Walking Man' on that show blew me away. He seems to sing from the heart and with real passion.


After a bit of research and a bit of YouTube watching, I've found out that he plays his own personalised instruments as well as the normal acoustic and electric guitars. The Three String Trance Wonder is a normal guitar, but with only three strings in the wrong positions. And The One Stringed Diddly Bow is a one stringed instrument that he plays with a slide, usually a screwdiver. He has travelled the world extensively and once worked as a recording enginner, carnie, producer and a cowboy.

Here's the performance from Later With Jools of 'Walking Man':

When asked about his nickname, Steve said: "because it's just true: I always get seasick."

No comments:

blogspot visitor counter