Thursday 31 December 2009

Sea Sew


I hope everyone had a great Christmas and that you're gearing up to see the new year/new decade in tonight. Since my 2009 post just before Christmas, I've become quite addicted to the 'Sea Sew' album by Lisa Hannigan that I mentioned briefly. There's so much music out there that I need to listen to and when I stumble upon an album as good and as fresh as this, it fills me with happiness. Every little thing about the album makes me smile, especially the cover art (above) and this perfect video for 'I Don't Know', the first song I heard from the album and quite possibly my favorite.



That video was uploaded to Youtube on my Birthday this year, how I've managed to miss out on this album for so long, I don't know. I was never a huge follower of Damien Rice, who Lisa has worked with on two albums, despite having both those albums. So that may explain why I've been slightly out of the loop. Here's an awesome live cut of the same song, filmed in an Irish pub in a very small space next to the bar. I'm going to go and listen to this song on repeat for the rest of the year, see you on the other side. . .Happy New Year.


No comments:

blogspot visitor counter