Friday 26 September 2008

Eureka!

The Eureka Machines are one of the support bands from the Wildhearts Eath Vs gig I went to recently. Unfortunately I didn't get to catch all their set as I was waiting in line to get a t-shirt with a blokes beer belly pressed against my back. But what I heard was very good.

Chris Catalyst (also of the other Wildhearts support act that night, The God Damn Whores) is the singer/guitarist/songwriter for the band. Bobby Ball of 'comedy' duo Cannon And Ball once called him 'last of the mohicans'. And Crispian Frigging Mills out of Kula Frigging Shaker once accused him of stealing his minidisc player. Oh, and he writes some irresistibly catchy pop nuggets.

They released their debut album 'Do Or Die' on September 1st. Check out the coolio video for 'Everyone Loves You':


And as usual, check out their MySpaz page for more awesome songs. You can also buy the album from the band here.

No comments:

blogspot visitor counter