Wednesday 24 September 2008

Sorry And The Sinatras

When I saw The Wildhearts this past weekend in London playing the Earth Vs album in it’s entirety and all the b-sides, I saw a t-shirt at the merch booth for Sorry And The Sinatras. I knew that the new bass player for The Wildhearts was called Scott Sorry, but didn’t know anything about this band. It was especially odd seeing as Sorry And The Sinatras were not supporting The Wildhearts that night, those duties went to The Eureka Machines and The God Damn Whores.

So I checked them out on
Myspaz the other day and really liked what I heard. They have a very DIY punk approach to their music, which sounds very raw and enjoyable. Check out a live video for ‘Hated Heart’:



Sorry And The Sinatras played their first show supporting The New York Dolls and will be supporting The Misfits this October. They are currently recording their debut album ‘Highball Roller’, which comes out in early 2009 on Undergroove.

Check out their MySpaz site for some cool DIY demos that you can download. I suggest you start with ‘Riverside’.

No comments:

blogspot visitor counter